The main objective of the Instrumental Semeiotics module is to allow students to:
- Understand the basic differences between the various radiological technologies in respect to their application and effect on the patient in the investigation of normal and pathological anatomy and physiology.
- Understand the basic principles of the imaging representation of body structures.
- Be able to identify a diagnostic image as being a(n):
- Radionuclide scan
- Be able to explain the biological effects of diagnostically used radiations.
- Be able to explain the mechanism of biological effects of x-rays.
- Be able to describe radiation therapy to a lay person.